Welcome to the East Midlands Region of British Cycling. On this site you will find the latest news, results and ranking from East Midlands Region, details of upcoming events, regional contacts and much more.
During the 2013 Regional AGM, the board made the decision to open all of its meetings to the region's membership.
This year's meetings will take place at the Witham St Hughs Village Hall LN6 9WF, starting at 7pm on:
Ever fancied becoming a Commissaire?
The East Midlands region is looking for new Commissaires for Road Race, Circuit Race and Track.
Event growth across all disciplines in the region means more officials are required. We want to ensure the region has the infrastructure to support the event calendar to continue to grow and as a Commissaire you can help make that happen.
• have a passion for the sport and a desire to see successful local events take place,
• want to contribute your skills, experience or time to the development of the sport,
• wish to be in the company of people with a shared passion for cycling, or
• like the enjoyment of being involved and getting active
then get involved as a Commissaire.
There are thousands of cycling events every year and they all rely on officials to ensure that they are safe, fair and most importantly fun!
Whatever your aspirations, be it a Regional, National or even UCI Commissaire - it all starts with a FREE training course.
Regional Commissaire training consists of:
• An hour’s online learning module covering the Commissaire pathway, safeguarding, anti-doping and conflict management.
• A classroom based 1 day course.
• Active roles at a number of events providing practical experience of the various aspects of being a Commissaire.
• Completion of a practical training logbook to monitor your progress towards Regional Commissaire status.
Circuit Race - 22nd March 2014, 9 – 30am til 1pm
Road Race – 29th March 2014, 9.30am til 4.30pm
Track – 3rd May 2014, 9.30am til 4.30pm
Venue in Derby TBC
For more information or to book a place on a course contact Karen Lifford on 07860 404834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loughborough-based event offers challenging view of east midlands.
Report and rider times from 127 and 71km routes of the Igloo Eastern Peak sportive.
Long and short routes start from Chesterfield on April 6.
Lincoln Grand Prix to use 2015 national road championships course
The inaugural Peak Epic in 2013 set a new benchmark for a hard Peak District sportive. It can now quite easily be regarded as one of the toughest UK sportives.
Dark and White Cycling launch their 2014 series with chance to win Genesis Volare frameset.
Three entry level sportives in the Peak District featuring women's specific start time.
David Fletcher (Orange Monkey) wins final round of the Notts and Derby League
George Thompson eases to victory in round 15 of the Lincolnshire League
Tom Payton comes back from a puncture to win round 14 of Notts and Derby League